Customers who are interested in the 2019 Budget billing Program: Applications will be taken until December 31, 2018
- The budget billing period will follow the customer billings from January 1 to December 31 of each year for residential accounts only
- The December billing will reflect the “settle-up” amount either due to or owed by the District and will thus close out the budget year with the customer. Any amount owed to the District will need to be paid in full by the customer in order to remain on the budget billing program. Any amount owed by the District will appear as a “credit balance” and will not be refunded, but remain on the account and factored as an adjustment for the next budget year cycle. The new budget will then be calculated and shown on the January 1 billing
- Budget amounts may be subject to adjustment as deemed necessary by the District throughout the year. If the account balance should become excessively positive or negative the District may either: adjust the budget billing amount – or, discontinue the budget billing process. The District will contact the customer to inform them of such a billing adjustment.
- Non-payment of the budget amount will be subject to the same policies for penalties and disconnection as all other accounts.
- Should there occur a late payment of the budget amount more than once in any budget billing year – the District may remove the customer from the budget billing program and return to the process of billing actual amounts.
- In addition to the terms stated under paragraph 5 above – customers must have an established credit history that reflects no penalties for the previous 12-months before they are eligible for the budget program.
- The budget billing plan for any customer is subject to the approval by the District and may be cancelled at any time by the customer or the District.
- In order for a customer to qualify for participating in the budget billing program – they must have established a history of no less than 12-months usage at the service location for the budget billing account address. The initial budget amount will then be determined by said previous 12-months of actual usage at the rate schedule in place for the budget billing period.
- Budget billing amounts will be established and calculated using the previous 12-month history and then dividing this amount by 11. This will leave the 12th month of the budget billing year as the “settle-up” month as previously described under paragraph 2.
- Customers interested in participating in this program must execute and maintain a current Budget Billing Agreement. New customers to the program may only apply during the month of December, for the next budget billing year.
Established: November 6, 2014